Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Rich fruity alcoholic Christmas ice cream, low-fat version.
Category: Ice Cream
- 150ml rolled oats
- 225ml water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- generous pinch ground cloves
- 5 tbsp brandy
- 375g mixed dried fruit
- 200ml natural non-fat yoghurt
- 4 tbsp honey (or 2 tbsp dark honey and 2 tbsp light honey)
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- food processor
- stick blender
- ice cream maker
- Process oats in food processor on high (or with stick blender) until powdery.
- Put oats and water in container. Leave in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Mix the cinnamon and cloves into the brandy and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Pour the brandy mix over the mixed fruits and leave to soak for a couple of hours.
- Process the oat + water mix with a stick blender for several minutes on high until goopy.
- Mix the yoghurt with the Oat Goop, mixed spices and honey, then mix in with the soaked fruits.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes. (Note that it will not expand very much in volume, so this quantity is okay for a 1.2 litre ice cream maker)
- Remove it from the ice-cream maker and put into a smallish pudding basin or large lidded bowl, and either put the lid on the basin, or cover with cling wrap. Freeze.
- To serve, wrap the basin in a hot cloth to loosen it and turn the pudding out onto a dish. Or just scoop out like normal ice-cream.