Coconut White Chocolate
White chocolate with coconut.
- 50g Coconut Butter
- 100g Cocoa Butter
- 250ml pure icing sugar
- 150ml powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 150ml coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (toasted) desiccated coconut (optional)
- electric beater
- Mix sifted icing sugar, powdered milk, coconut flour, and vanilla in a bowl
- Melt cocoa butter and coconut butter in microwave
- Add melted butters to dry ingredients and mix well
- Put shredded coconut in plastic container.
- Pour chocolate mix over shredded coconut and refrigerate until set
- Cut into squares when cold
The proportions of 2:1 for cocoa butter and coconut butter seem to work well, since coconut butter has a lower melting point than cocoa butter.
Note that, while being made, the texture and thickness is more like cake-mix than melted chocolate, probably due to the coconut flour.
When set, the coconut flour gives it a bit more smoothness than my other attempts at home-made chocolate, and the toasted coconut is nicely crunchy. The taste is coconut/white-chocolate in flavour. The coconut flour dampens the sweetness somewhat, but still contributes to the flavour. It's good. Very moreish.