My favourite dessert recipe. Also known as "Chocolate Ripple Cake" but my mother always called it "Snowlog" and I think that sounds more delicious.
- chocolate-ripple biscuits
- sugar (optional)
- vanilla (optional)
- large very flat serving plate
- room in the refrigerator for the serving plate
Whip the cream (optionally adding sugar and vanilla to taste).
Layer chocolate cookies with cream, into a small stack. Lay the stack down like a log on the serving plate. Add more cream-covered cookies until you (a) run out of room or (b) run out of cookies. You'd better not run out of cream, because you then have to cover the outside of the log with cream. Leave in the refrigerator overnight. Cut slices diagonally, so as to get striped cake!
Some people stand up glasses and cover the snowlog with plastic wrap (not touching the snowlog, just around it) so as to protect the snowlog from refrigerator odours.
- peppermint in the cream
- coffee in the cream
- cocoa in the cream
- ginger cookies instead of chocolate
- spread jam on the cookies as well as cream
- decorate the finished cake with chocolate shavings, coconut, and the like.